Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Papermoon...Again

We couldn't help ourselves!! After our experience on Friday, we had to make a return trip to Papermoon ASAP.  In addition to our Bananas Foster French Toast, here's what we ordered:


This is the Vanilla Custard French Toast, and to be honest, it was somewhat underwhelming. The custard was under the french toast, and I thought there definitely could have been more of it. Don't get me wrong, they tasted delicious! The bread was soft and perfectly seasoned, but it was not mind-blowing. I probably wouldn't order them again only because I probably could have made similar french toast at home (minus the custard...but there wasn't much of that anyway, so...) Granted, I did eat it all (it was still yummy!), but this required the use of syrup whereas the Bananas Foster French toast was perfection on its own.

Our second new item was an order of the potato cakes.


These babies were awesome! They were thin and super crispy and honestly some of the best potato cakes I've had. I have no idea how they're seasoned, but they whatever it was, was perfect! I especially liked them with the added sour cream and apple sauce. (I usually would just use the sour cream, but I felt adventurous and decided to try both.) Mom and I would definitely order these again. The next thing I really want to try, though, are the grits. They have red pepper, sweet corn, cheddar cheese and onions in them and sound amazing! Maybe next time....

Did I mention that we spotted a local TV personality while we were there? Yeah, this place is awesome.

I took a few more photos of the building, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment