Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cape May- The End

Having returned home and unpacked all of our things, I think it's safe to say that our Cape May vacation is officially over. It's sad, really. We look forward to this one week all year long, only to have it fly by in the flashest of flashes. One week is always too short. We would probably stay the whole summer if we could.

As I mentioned in a previous post, our trip would not have been complete without a bon voyage breakfast at Uncle Bill's.



I ordered... the Blueberry Waffle! Surprising, I know. ;) The special pancake of the day was the sausage pancake. My uncle, naturally, went for that one.


Yes, that's sausage in the pancake itself. It just looks too weird for me, but he enjoyed it, so I guess it's a personal thing. To each his own, right?! 

The wait for our food was a little bit longer today, but our waiter was very accommodating (considering we changed our orders about six times) and he even understood our humor. Bill's is a great spot. But, a word to the wise: If you're going on a Saturday, be sure to go before nine. Saturday is the big change over day for beach rentals, so you have the hungry people leaving and arriving at Cape May, all converging upon Uncle Bill's for breakfast. Avoid that rush if you can. We did, and thank goodness! 

Once we were all full of pancake and waffle yumminess, there was nothing left for us to do but to take our end-of-vacation-family-picture, and hit the road. 

It was especially difficult to leave this year. We'd done so many great things and made so many wonderful memories. I miss it already. Next year just seems so far away. :( One day I would love to own one of the old houses in Cape May. Then we really could stay as long as we wanted! 

But the summer is still young, and there's still many foods to be eaten. Although Cape May is over, there's plenty more adventures in store! 

Until then, I wish you happy hearts and full bellies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment