Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ocean City- The Last Full Day

So yesterday's culinary adventures were basically confined to the walls of our condo. When we got up we were faced with the realization that we had a TON of food we didn't want to bring back home with us. And if we wanted to have more space in the cars coming home, we'd have to eat it.

Breakfast was a hodgepodge of random things. I tried to eat some of my muffins, but they were getting old, so I had to throw the rest of them out. Four of us munched on fruit (basically grapes...did I mention that I had to throw out a slimy banana the day before? Gross....) and then I had a rice cake with provolone cheese (gotta use up that cheese!). So breakfast was basically anything you could find.

Lunch looked like this:


Look familiar? Since everyone wanted to consume our own food, we stayed home for dinner, which meant that dinner looked like this, too. Only, when I made my dinner sandwich, I put it under the broiler to melt the cheese (and make it a little toasty) and I didn't eat any chips. Thrilling day of food. I know.

Despite our lack of adventurousness for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we did make a return trip to Dumser's. As you may recall, last time I was not satisfied with my banana milkshake. I threw out half of it because I disliked it. (Ringing some bells?) So this time I came prepared with some good advice: get a sundae.

Simple enough, I thought. That is until I arrived and saw all the flavors, and then wondered if it had to be soft-serve or regular ice cream. I think I bored the girl at the counter with my questions as I hurried to select a flavor-icream combo I would enjoy. In the end I ordered a small sundae with Oreo Crunch (I think that was the name but I can't remember) ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream. (I'm not much of a cherry person.)


It was good. Actually, it was darn good. It was so darn good I could have eaten a whole 'nother one the minute I finished it. I think perhaps I should have gotten a large...

Clearly, milkshakes are not the item to order from Dumser's. After eating this, I thought, "why didn't  I try this before?!?" I think I'm a fan, now. I apologize for not liking them initially. But, really, they should make better banana milkshakes.

After our ice cream stop, we played some put-put golf to round out the evening. It was a fun way to end out last day in Ocean City.

But just because we're going home today doesn't mean we won't be feasting this morning. I've been told there's a good crepe place we're going to and I'm a crepe lover, so I am definitely excited for that! Plus, we may or may not be stopping at Dumser's for some last minute treats before we hit the road.

My stomach is grumbling just thinking about it!! Let's hope everyone gets up soon so we can enjoy one last morning of food in Ocean City.

No comments:

Post a Comment